Saturday, August 18, 2012

monkey bars

When I was younger, I was a beast. A monkey bars beast that is. I remember one time in particular we went to the imagination station at horseshoe lake park when I was six or so. I guess I became bored of everyone else and the cool little hiding spots they have, and I started playing on the monkey bars. I went back and forth, back and forth, never stopping for a break. I don't remember how long this went on for, but it must have been long enough because people started to gather to count how many times I went back and forth and to cheer me on.

That's kind of what this week has felt like. I've really enjoyed my last moments of this summer in New Jersey, but at the same time it's been really crazy trying to get everything ready and saying farewells to people I won't see for about four months. Well, I guess this is it. I'll be back, New Jersey.

1 comment:

  1. I used to absolutely love watching you on the monkey bars. You were so determined to be the best. Hedden Park with the moving rings stands out in my mind.

    ReplyDelete