Friday, December 07, 2012

cookie syndrome

Anyone who knows me fairly well knows that I like to bake. Back home they'd always be gone within two days, max. Especially when I want to take some to school to share in one of my classes.

But here, I can bake all I want and there will still be leftovers! How fantastic is that?! I've been making a lot of cookies recently--probably more than I did last Christmas--and it's not even like it's right before Christmas yet. I've made chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, chocolate-heath cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, mint chip chocolate chip cookies... and that's just recently. (And no, I don't have a thing with chocolate. The sugar cookies had no chocolate in them. Jeez.) I guess I just really like giving people cookies...
It's been bitten out of because it's that good. That's right.

A real quick story. So Wednesday I went to a speed dating thing. (I think it was because of the donuts because I'm not really into that kind of stuff. Better than dances though.) They had leftover donuts so they were like "Take some home!" Of course I was really happy about that. I'd have breakfast taken care of! And who doesn't want an extra donut? Excellent, so excellent. But I had to stop by the creamery on the way home because I needed eggs (for the cookies I was making. See, this is related!). So I stepped inside with donut in hand, and I saw the people working there and they saw the donut, and before I could even think they were eating it (I gave it to them. duh). Anyway, it was a donut well-spent.

Yes, my grandkids are going to be super spoiled. Live with it. (And I'm going to spoil my little brothers too! In less than six days when they come out here and I get to watch them for a day.)

So back the the cookies. I've been making a lot, which means that I have to get creative trying to get rid of them. I shared cookies with my writing class. I gave cookies to people in my group projects for statistics and chemical engineering (and then some extra people wandering by too). I made friends with people in physics by giving them cookies. (Okay, so I don't remember their names. Big deal.) I sent cookies to my friend who's half way across the United States right now. I stuffed them down the throats of every person to ever enter my apartment door. I donated some for a Sub for Santa activity. And guess what? I still have cookies to spare. How does this happen. How.

Although it's been all of two days since I've made cookies, so I guess I'd better get to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment