Tuesday, September 18, 2012

just keep swimming

Today was quite crazy. I left my apartment a little after seven this morning, and didn't get back until just past eight tonight. I went to a "breakfast and mingle" for chemical engineers and recruiters and it was super intimidating, because not only was I one of the youngest people there with pretty much no experience whatsoever, but I also lack the skills to know how to talk to people who could potentially hire me. But whatever, free food! And then after my morning classes ended I went to have someone look at my resume (which is, well... not convincing, to say the least), which ended up taking longer than I expected and I was late for the weekly forum, even though I told someone I'd meet them there.

Take that, and repeat it throughout the day. Trying to do stats problems that the teacher didn't really explain how to do (and dealing with integrals involving infinity that my calc II teacher didn't teach...). Learning about my research project which is basically bunches of computer programs that I don't know how to work with. Showing up for a club opening social a half an hour late just to take a cookie and leave. Doing homework, and then doing more homework.

And then, it's stuff like that that reminds me why life is good:
That's my eraser that I swore was gone forever yesterday.
It says, "beautiful" (!!!)
Still have homework I need to do, and I have two tests coming up this week that I need to start studying for, but, I feel hopeful about this week. All I have to do is keep my head above water, and I'll be okay. Well, happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment